Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dear Research Diary,
I had a revelatory moment last night. As I was speaking with my roommate about my Italian Cinema class I thought of the perfect title for my thesis. Of course this is liable to change since Bolker says it's one of the last steps of the process, but this might be good to put on the form that we need to submit soon to the registrar.
Roma Citta Povera: the Roman Poveristi
Bingo!
After having written a bit about theory and analyzing Celant's writings, I think it would be interesting to see the effect on the movement after it was completely out of Celant's control. In fact the point is that there is no control, so it should theoretically work perfectly, but doesn't this inherently put it in the stage of dissolution?
From Rome I think the individuality of the artists is much more apparent from the start to the end. Kounellis, Pascali, and Boetti are extremely different. Plus Bonito Oliva only started working with them later so there is also the effect of the institution, and you have Sargentini and L'Attico.
Hopefully tomorrow the bus wont take forever to get to the GNAM for the library visit.
Also, I am having a problem with the library visit because Professor Gianni informed me that currently most of the Attico Archive is in an exhibition at MACRO so I may just go to the MACRO library, or just a comfortable library around here like the Biblioteca dell Senato just to know another convenient place to go for silence and concentration, those are always good to know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment