Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dear Research Diary,
Yesterday I went to MACRO to see the portion of the archive of Fabio Sargentini and the library. The archive was amazing. It had letter correspondences between Sargentini and numerous artists, both Poveristi and huge international names, also between him and Szeeman for When Attitude Becomes Form. There were so many pictures of gallery events and of people together, I think it will be incredibly useful for mapping out what sort of interactions were happening between the artists in this period of time.
The question it raised for me was what was happening before 67? Before Kounellis or Pascali were considered Arte Povera. I want to see what they were trying to do, or trying to achieve and how they became a part of the movement.
I also visited the library and seems a little bit strict. They don't have a catalogue that is accessible and you need to make an appointment with them for date and time. Then you go with the subject and they can help you. I don't really like that system but it may be useful.
I also found a great book in the bookshop about L'Attico from 66 to 78. I couldn't resist buying it, plus if I hadn't and couldn't find it again it would have been horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment