Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dear Research Diary,
I had a great day. I met with Ilaria Gianni and we discussed the paper I wrote for her and she said it was great. Then we talked a little about the fact that Celant, unlike Tzara, Breton, or Marinetti who were artists themselves and drafted manifestoes for the avant-gardes, Celant was an outsider. This probably contributes a great deal to its difference in regards to the other movements of the 20th century as well as of course, it’s 60’s time frame after the economic boom and the age of isolation.
Later I met with Professor Capoferri. We talked about Pasolini and how if I think something is Pasoliniano but they refuse to acknowledge his influence, it probably was because everyone hated him for being gay and were embarrassed about him until the 80’s, 5 years after his death! We talked about his participation in the warehouse in Turin when all the artists decided to leave after inviting him to talk. I also thought of a new idea, in order to compress my thesis as well as having a better question what if I focus just on the Roman scene! This would just be Pascali, Kounellis, and Boetti but I would be able to see the difference in their practice when compared to the Northern artists who didn’t have the influences of Twombly or Sonnabend.
Later I went to the galleria Federica Schiavo where I got an internship. Cool!
Then, I read the first chapter of Guy Debord’s Society of Spectacle and my mind was blown! This is almost as cool as when I read McLuhan’s The Medium is the Massage. Anyway, if every day was like this I would be really cool.

Oh hey guys

No comments:

Post a Comment