Monday, November 29, 2010


Dear Research Diary,
My trip went well and was semi-related to my thesis, in a very broad way. I was visiting Manifesta 8 “Dialogue with Northern Africa.” Everything was basically video art. It was pretty nice, actually not related at all, nevermind. Meanwhile I got responses from professor Gianni and professor Dohna saying they would read my work and comment on it. I think I am meeting tomorrow with professor Gianni and we can talk about what I wrote as well as my plans for the future, the remaining three weeks here and during the winter break when I will be back in the USA. I already know there is a show about Pistoletto in the Philadelphia Museum of Art which I can’t miss. It’s curated by the new director of the MAXXI so there should be some good pieces there. I need to spend this entire week catching up on work from Thanksgiving work, so I’ll try to place some more readings and summaries where I can fit them. I would also like to conduct an interview at some time before the semester ends, either with a gallerist at L’Attico or someone who was involved in the AP scene, but it might be difficult to schedule with finals coming up. I also need to conquer my own library for this course and I think I will make that the archive of L’Attico since they definitely have lots of things which I must read. I’ll try to plan that for either this weekend or next week since we have Wednesday off of school. I’m so stressed with all the papers I need to write now and the short time until winter break I hope I don’t get sick from it all!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment