Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear research Diary,
I got an e-mail from my thesis advisor saying that I should contact the curators at Galleria L’Attico to ask if I can go through the Archives and conduct some interviews. I’m really feeling uneasy about this because I want to have a clear direction before I start speaking to people who lived it. Galleria L’Attico is where Kounellis held his 12 Cavalli Vivi in 1969. I’m sure the archive will be very helpful, and I already replied suggesting more time and speaking to her about a distinct topic before doing this.
I’ve read more of Eco’s Misreadings and it is rather political but always in a sardonic manner. He approaches Italian society as if he were an anthropologist from the future and is able to expose very questionable matters in a funny way. Sexual Repression in the Po Valley seems particularly useful as the 50’s and 60’s in Italy were seeing great social changes in family, religion, etc…

No comments:

Post a Comment