Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dear Research Diary,
yesterday I took intensive notes for 10 more pages of Christov-Bakargiev’s book. It started to speak more specifically of events held in Genoa, Rome, and Turin. Kounellis and Pascali are the two Roman artists while Celant and Prini come from Genoa an most of the others including Pistoletto, Merz and Melissa Merz, Anselmo, Boetti, etc.. come from Turin. The Economic Miracle, Southern Migration, Industrial expansion of Turin, the FIAT factory are important drives for a changing city of rapidly changing values.
Learned that Rome was very important in the international art world during the 50’s, watched La Dolce Vita which shows this whole ambiance which arose with the Economic Miralce and Roma Capitale. I’m thinking I’ll summarize a chapter out of Eco’s book rather than the rest of Christov’s summary. I need a change of pace and that one is funny and intellectually charged. I think there’s a Fluxus show at Circolo degli Artisti on Tuesday. I’ll see what that’s all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment