Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dear Research Diary,
Today was pleasantly productive. I received Jerzy Grotowski’s Towards a Poor Theater in the mail and I am looking forward to starting to read some of the important chapters such as his manifesto for the poor theater. I also decided it would be a good idea to start reading Christov-Bakargiev’s book since it is the most comprehensive work published on AP. So far I have read the preface and a bit of the survey, it’s pretty long and dense but I can finish it easily by Tuesday. So far Some interesting points have been the definition of the 13 AP artists which are neatly listed in parentheses, and the addition of influential texts apart from Towards a Poor Theater Christov includes Pier Paolo Pasolini’s ideal agrarian society and Umberto Eco’s Semiology. Eco is probably particularly connected to Kounellis who did his Alfabeto series before joining AP. Tomorrow I can try to see if the library at school has any of these texts, or if I can find them elsewhere.



Kounellisssssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment