Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Today I finished reading Bolker’s 1st chapter of Writing Your Dissertation in 15 Minutes a Day it shows the importance of writing for developing the thesis. Embarking on a research project takes determination and can end up being a stressful task. It is important to analyze texts critically as you read them and reflect on your own thought critically in order to find loop holes, counter arguments, and inconsistencies. Trying to write a little bit every day on the topic also helps to keep the brain focused and fresh regarding the topic at hand. Writing a research journal may also motivate me to do a little bit of something every day to have something to write about at night.
So far I have read many introductory texts to the movement, but I feel as though I should move deeper into primary sources and theoretical texts. The movement itself is obviously too broad of a topic and I am not very interested in writing in any artist in particular, but I was thinking it would be interesting to assess the roles of the two most important curators, or rather theoretical formers, of the movement; Germano Celant and Achille Bonito Oliva. First I am going to read more about the movement in general closing in on it, and I’ll try to see if this idea can be plausible to write extensively on. In Giovanni Lista’s book I took note of the influences of Umberto Eco and Jerzy Grotowski, so I’ll try to get my hands on the works in connection and read them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment